Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

tutorial "Scatter on Substrate"

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

Is it possible to practice the tutorial "Scatter on Substrate" on version 4.3?
www.comsol.com/showroom/documentation/model/14443/

I want to simulate the transmission through the metal structure on the substrate, and I was recommended to go through this tutorial.
However, my comsol is version 4.3 and the tutorial is for version 4.3a. Perhaps for this reason, I got a error message when I run it.

I'd like to know if it's possible to simulate that tutorial on version 4.3, or the way to simulate the similar case on 4.3.

(I know another tutorial "plasmonic wire grating", but I don't want to use port BC for some reasons...)

2 Replies Last Post 4 mag 2015, 11:06 GMT-4
Sven Friedel COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago 18 apr 2013, 11:22 GMT-4
Dear Yutaro,

you cant open a 4.3a tutorial with 4.3 nor would I advice to build it from the PDF.
The much better option is to install 4.3a, your school has a running license contract for it, so
your license server will serve the latest version. The software you can download from our support
website.

If you have problems, contact us in support.

Best regards,
Sven Friedel
Dear Yutaro, you cant open a 4.3a tutorial with 4.3 nor would I advice to build it from the PDF. The much better option is to install 4.3a, your school has a running license contract for it, so your license server will serve the latest version. The software you can download from our support website. If you have problems, contact us in support. Best regards, Sven Friedel

Posted: 9 years ago 4 mag 2015, 11:06 GMT-4

Dear Yutaro,

you cant open a 4.3a tutorial with 4.3 nor would I advice to build it from the PDF.
The much better option is to install 4.3a, your school has a running license contract for it, so
your license server will serve the latest version. The software you can download from our support
website.

If you have problems, contact us in support.

Best regards,
Sven Friedel

Hello Sven,

I have a question about this tutorial too. I am trying to calculate scattering and absorption of gold nanorod in water. So I first modified the tutorial model to gold nanorod in a homogeneous environment, and I obtained
good results. However, when I simply change the geometry to nanorod. The numbers are totally off from my expectation. I wonder if you can offer me some suggestions on this. Thank you very much!
[QUOTE] Dear Yutaro, you cant open a 4.3a tutorial with 4.3 nor would I advice to build it from the PDF. The much better option is to install 4.3a, your school has a running license contract for it, so your license server will serve the latest version. The software you can download from our support website. If you have problems, contact us in support. Best regards, Sven Friedel [/QUOTE] Hello Sven, I have a question about this tutorial too. I am trying to calculate scattering and absorption of gold nanorod in water. So I first modified the tutorial model to gold nanorod in a homogeneous environment, and I obtained good results. However, when I simply change the geometry to nanorod. The numbers are totally off from my expectation. I wonder if you can offer me some suggestions on this. Thank you very much!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.