Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

About the ploting the results

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hey Ivar,
I just bulit a simple model to analyze the heat transfer. After analysis is finished, I want to plot the result. So I cut one point 2D-1, but I can not plot the temperiture variation with time. Could you tell me how to deal with it?
BEST,
Thanks,
Bond

2 Replies Last Post 25 apr 2013, 02:33 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 24 apr 2013, 05:41 GMT-4
Hi

if you do a time series, the default 1D plot is w.r.t. time. Now if you define a point by a Data set cut point "DataSet" then you can plot i directly, or you might use the DErived values to write out some equations and plot the resulting table data (that by default is in time for a time series solver case

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi if you do a time series, the default 1D plot is w.r.t. time. Now if you define a point by a Data set cut point "DataSet" then you can plot i directly, or you might use the DErived values to write out some equations and plot the resulting table data (that by default is in time for a time series solver case -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 25 apr 2013, 02:33 GMT-4
got it. thanks a lot!
got it. thanks a lot!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.