Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to solve and verify a ODE equation?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

How to solve a ODE equation with mathematical problem?
And how can I verify the result correct with the mathematical answer?
Thanks for help.

5 Replies Last Post 15 giu 2013, 18:50 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 29 apr 2013, 03:08 GMT-4
Hi,

simply by making and ODE-node and entering the equation,....

See attached model.

Regards

Jens

PS:
but you owe me a beer for this.
Hi, simply by making and ODE-node and entering the equation,.... See attached model. Regards Jens PS: but you owe me a beer for this.

Posted: 1 decade ago 29 apr 2013, 12:31 GMT-4
Dear Jens:
Thank you very much~!
You help me a lot.
I will study the model and simulate it again.
Thanks again~

PS:
No problem~haha
Dear Jens: Thank you very much~! You help me a lot. I will study the model and simulate it again. Thanks again~ PS: No problem~haha

Jânio Anselmo Engenharia Biomédica

Posted: 1 decade ago 7 giu 2013, 21:26 GMT-4
Hi Jens,
His response was also important to me. However, I need to make functions that vary in position and in time (attached)! shall ye make help me please? Therefore tried to declare functions and also no success.
Thank you.

Jânio Anselmo.
Hi Jens, His response was also important to me. However, I need to make functions that vary in position and in time (attached)! shall ye make help me please? Therefore tried to declare functions and also no success. Thank you. Jânio Anselmo.

Magnus Ringh COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago 10 giu 2013, 03:25 GMT-4
Hi,

It seems that you should be able to use a Domain ODEs and DAEs user interface for specifying a "distributed ODE", where the right-hand side can depend on the spatial coordinates in the domain.

Best regards,
Magnus Ringh, COMSOL
Hi, It seems that you should be able to use a Domain ODEs and DAEs user interface for specifying a "distributed ODE", where the right-hand side can depend on the spatial coordinates in the domain. Best regards, Magnus Ringh, COMSOL

Jânio Anselmo Engenharia Biomédica

Posted: 1 decade ago 15 giu 2013, 18:50 GMT-4
Hi Mr. Magnus.
Firstly thanks for your reply! I'll be performing your second statement! Warning on new questions!
Thank you.

Best regards,
Jânio Anselmo
Hi Mr. Magnus. Firstly thanks for your reply! I'll be performing your second statement! Warning on new questions! Thank you. Best regards, Jânio Anselmo

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.