Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Single turn boundary domain ACDC module

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello
I am trying to simulate magnetic field around a inductor and I am using single turn coil domain. In the start i am trying to simulate some part of inductor not a complete circular coil. I have analysed single_coil_boundary_feed.mph but the issue i am facing is that I can't apply boundary feed and ground at the input and output of current. I see something like this when I open right click single turn to get boundary feed (in the attached image).
I also have attached my build model.
Any suggestions, i have already respected the norms such as surfaces touching the external walls of the air domain surrounding the conductor.

2 Replies Last Post 6 mag 2013, 08:08 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 29 apr 2013, 10:06 GMT-4
Hi,

you have defined a node for the single domain, but you have not yet
selected domains for it. If you select domains 2 and 3, then you
can select the faces.

Regards

Jens
Hi, you have defined a node for the single domain, but you have not yet selected domains for it. If you select domains 2 and 3, then you can select the faces. Regards Jens

Posted: 1 decade ago 6 mag 2013, 08:08 GMT-4

Hi,

you have defined a node for the single domain, but you have not yet
selected domains for it. If you select domains 2 and 3, then you
can select the faces.

Regards

Jens

Thanks Jens for your help, I didn't knew that I had just this small issue

Regards
Khalid

[QUOTE] Hi, you have defined a node for the single domain, but you have not yet selected domains for it. If you select domains 2 and 3, then you can select the faces. Regards Jens [/QUOTE] Thanks Jens for your help, I didn't knew that I had just this small issue Regards Khalid

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.