Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

what is "circular dependency " error?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear All
I,m doing simulation partial discharge by Comsol and Matlab but during simulation I faced this problem, I would be thankful if any one help me for solve this problem.
I set two probs under model , definition on two boundary of my geometry and the average of the voltages is measured by them.then the measured data is transferring to a function of Matlab for calculating conductivity , ( there is no error untill this part) after that I define another prob on DOMAIN for measure integration of current density norm .this is new variable that I want transfer to function of Matlab , but the problem is when I define this new prob I get the error that say: circular dependency (Circular variable dependency detected.
- Variable: mod1.ec.Jir
- Geometry: 1
- Domain: 3)
I want know how can i solve this error? and what is the meaning of this error?
thanks in advance
Hadi

0 Replies Last Post 4 mag 2013, 08:35 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Hadi Afrouzi

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.