Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

magnetic and electric field between two plates, with RF frequency

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear Sir/Madam,

I searched through forum and cannot find the answer to my question.
I am trying to simulate electric and magnetic field between two copper parallel plates (2D axial symmetry).
Electrodes are connected to an RF generator with voltage amplitude of 400 V and frequency of 13.56 MHz.
I am trying by using Magnetic and Electric field module, but I don't know how to implement the voltage source.

Thank you,

Regards,
Grega

3 Replies Last Post 27 mag 2013, 09:19 GMT-4
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 decade ago 27 mag 2013, 07:58 GMT-4

Gregor,

I think you can use a lumped port for this. You find examples in the model library.

Cheers
Edgar

--
Edgar J. Kaiser
www.emphys.com
Gregor, I think you can use a lumped port for this. You find examples in the model library. Cheers Edgar -- Edgar J. Kaiser http://www.emphys.com

Posted: 1 decade ago 27 mag 2013, 09:01 GMT-4
Thank you for your help Edgar. But don't equations "behind" the lumped port use only stationary effects, without changing electric field (voltage)?

Regards,
Gregor
Thank you for your help Edgar. But don't equations "behind" the lumped port use only stationary effects, without changing electric field (voltage)? Regards, Gregor

Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 decade ago 27 mag 2013, 09:19 GMT-4

If you do a frequency domain study the port is supplied with a harmonic voltage according to the study settings, e.g. your 13.56 MHz.

--
Edgar J. Kaiser
www.emphys.com
If you do a frequency domain study the port is supplied with a harmonic voltage according to the study settings, e.g. your 13.56 MHz. -- Edgar J. Kaiser http://www.emphys.com

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.