Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Internal/Compressive stress in a material

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,

I have a question about internal stress generation in Comsol.

My model consists of two different materials on top of each other. One of the materials (the most outside material in the figure I included) is undergoing an internal compressive force (say it's isotropic) because of oxidation due to oxygen absorption. I am not concerned with the diffusion at this point. The other material (the inner material in the figure I included) is not undergoing the same stresses because it is not oxidizing. The outermost boundary of the outer-layer is considered "free," and is not constrained. I would like to see the stress of the top layer due to the internal stress generation. How would I do this?

Thanks for your help on this very beginner-like question,
John

1 Reply Last Post 5 giu 2013, 23:58 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 5 giu 2013, 23:58 GMT-4
Just thought I'd bump this once to make sure it didn't get overlooked.

Thanks.
Just thought I'd bump this once to make sure it didn't get overlooked. Thanks.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.