Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Sonic crystal bandgap

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone,

I am trying to obtain a bandgap simulation of a simple structure shown in the attached photo. I've been following this thread www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/950/#p104128, but if possible I would like to know the basic of it. I have also try to follow the tutorial inside this file bandgap_photonic_crystal_sbs.pdf but have been unsuccessful.

What I've done so far is making sure that meshing is the same at the boundaries of the square by copying one edge to the rest. In the floquet boundary condition, I set 2 adjacent sides as the destination selection. I set the kx and ky the same as in the photonic example except the dimensions. From there I am not sure how to proceed.

Could someone kindly advise me brief steps that I should've taken. I think I've done wrongly in the above steps. I am using Comsol 4.3 by the way.

Thanks very much.

0 Replies Last Post 10 giu 2013, 18:51 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Zularifin Sejo

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.