Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Linear Boundry Load

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi,
My model is a simple square geomechanical model. I am going to apply a linear boundary load along the right side of square but there is no option for doing this. Could you please help me with this. ( at the right side, the load changes with the height).
Thanks,
Kim

3 Replies Last Post 13 giu 2013, 02:03 GMT-4
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago 12 giu 2013, 04:51 GMT-4
Hi,

Please see the answer in www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/37337/

Regards,
Henrik
Hi, Please see the answer in http://www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/37337/ Regards, Henrik

Posted: 1 decade ago 12 giu 2013, 19:00 GMT-4
Thanks. I think I don't get the answer. my goal is to define a linear boundary condition along a side. what you said was creating an equation in text field. But when I create this equation it couldn't identify the parameter for example "Z" (height). where should I define this parameter. Sorry I am new in COMSOL.
Thanks. I think I don't get the answer. my goal is to define a linear boundary condition along a side. what you said was creating an equation in text field. But when I create this equation it couldn't identify the parameter for example "Z" (height). where should I define this parameter. Sorry I am new in COMSOL.

Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago 13 giu 2013, 02:03 GMT-4

Hi,

No problem, everyone has to be a newbie sometime.

The global coordinates (X,Y,Z) or (x,y,z) are always available for use in expressions.

In a geometrically nonlinear analysis there is a subtle difference: (X,Y,Z) are the original (undeformed) coordinates and (x,y,z) are the current (deformed) coordinates.

Regards,
Henrik
[QUOTE] Thanks. I think I don't get the answer. my goal is to define a linear boundary condition along a side. what you said was creating an equation in text field. But when I create this equation it couldn't identify the parameter for example "Z" (height). where should I define this parameter. Sorry I am new in COMSOL. [/QUOTE] Hi, No problem, everyone has to be a newbie sometime. The global coordinates (X,Y,Z) or (x,y,z) are always available for use in expressions. In a geometrically nonlinear analysis there is a subtle difference: (X,Y,Z) are the original (undeformed) coordinates and (x,y,z) are the current (deformed) coordinates. Regards, Henrik

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.