Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Post-processing and integration of multiple solutions

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I would like to integrate a Expression that involves variables from several different solutions obtain in a single application mode.

Second is doing a integrate an Expression what involves variables from two application modes but each has several solutions.

Is there a way to choose a specific solution (determined by parametric solver) from each mode and do an integration over a boundary?

I can find out the value for each expression for a given boundary using postinterp. However, I get values so integrating smoothly becomes a bit of a problem.
I know there is the function postint, but I don't know if this can call a specific solution number in several application modes.

1 Reply Last Post 12 mar 2010, 16:05 GMT-5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 12 mar 2010, 16:05 GMT-5
Hi

I believe you have the variable "'solnum',n" for your "post..." commands in matlab, but if I remember right these have different meaning depending on the application mode settings (eigenvalue, parametric, harmonic, transient ...)

you have also the "at(12.5,u)" operator when you want to use a specific time tag value here for "u" in your comsol euqations, the "'solnum',n" varable has the "with(3,u^2)" operator ( here for "u^2" see the command.pdf doc)

If your solutions are from different runs you set up, I believe you must use matlab and store the different solution as fem1, fem2 ... and integrate in a loop within matlab

Good luck
Ivar
Hi I believe you have the variable "'solnum',n" for your "post..." commands in matlab, but if I remember right these have different meaning depending on the application mode settings (eigenvalue, parametric, harmonic, transient ...) you have also the "at(12.5,u)" operator when you want to use a specific time tag value here for "u" in your comsol euqations, the "'solnum',n" varable has the "with(3,u^2)" operator ( here for "u^2" see the command.pdf doc) If your solutions are from different runs you set up, I believe you must use matlab and store the different solution as fem1, fem2 ... and integrate in a loop within matlab Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.