Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Queue the simulations

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am looking for some way to queue the simulation files in the batch mode in Comsol/Matlab.
Please share your expertise.

Thanks,
Rakesh

4 Replies Last Post 15 mar 2010, 12:29 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 15 mar 2010, 09:29 GMT-4
I did it with python queue manager. For a quick tutorial look at my blog at taher-zadeh.com

I did it with python queue manager. For a quick tutorial look at my blog at http://taher-zadeh.com

Posted: 1 decade ago 15 mar 2010, 09:42 GMT-4
Thanks Daniel,

I am new to Python. Could you please elaborate in detail, how to setup the directory and call Matlab from Python?

Thanks,
Rakesh
Thanks Daniel, I am new to Python. Could you please elaborate in detail, how to setup the directory and call Matlab from Python? Thanks, Rakesh

Posted: 1 decade ago 15 mar 2010, 11:38 GMT-4
you simply use the OS package to run command lines. So it would be like you type the command in the command prompt.

I run the job manager, and where it say "# do processing stuff here" I just run lets say os.system('comsol matlab -i ....'). Your code should terminate at the end, so the manager can understand when to give new task.
you simply use the OS package to run command lines. So it would be like you type the command in the command prompt. I run the job manager, and where it say "# do processing stuff here" I just run lets say os.system('comsol matlab -i ....'). Your code should terminate at the end, so the manager can understand when to give new task.

Posted: 1 decade ago 15 mar 2010, 12:29 GMT-4
Hi, there is also some information here:
www.comsol.com/support/knowledgebase/980/

Niklas
Hi, there is also some information here: http://www.comsol.com/support/knowledgebase/980/ Niklas

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.