Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Natural convection in heat transfer

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am solving natural convection problem for 5hrs in which first problem start with conduction and finish with natural convection effects for solid liquid interface location. During first 1 and 2hrs the conduction held and remaining 3 to 5hrs natural convection held. The natural convection shows very good effect ,but the conduction first 1 and 2hrs the conduction takes place very first (i.e. solid liquid interface location moves very fast). Also the time steps I kept as 0.1 then also the conduction becomes very fast for first 1 and 2hrs. Can anybody give the answer why it is happened. Or how I have to controlled the conduction for first 1 and 2hrs for solid liquid effect. Or Which parameters I have to controlled.

Thanks in advanced.
Vinay Patel

2 Replies Last Post 18 lug 2013, 00:03 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 17 lug 2013, 22:00 GMT-4
Hello Patel,

What do you mean by the heat capacity method? And what do you mean by the movement of the solid-liquid interface? You have a moving boundary problem? I am fairly confused by your problem description.

Thanks,

Shuping
Hello Patel, What do you mean by the heat capacity method? And what do you mean by the movement of the solid-liquid interface? You have a moving boundary problem? I am fairly confused by your problem description. Thanks, Shuping

Posted: 1 decade ago 18 lug 2013, 00:03 GMT-4
During the simulation process from starting conduction to natural convection. I start to run the model for the first conduction for 2hrs.

I also reduced the time steps but it is not give the correct answered.

So you have any idea that how I have to controlled the first starting conduction process.

Thanking you,

Vinay Patel
During the simulation process from starting conduction to natural convection. I start to run the model for the first conduction for 2hrs. I also reduced the time steps but it is not give the correct answered. So you have any idea that how I have to controlled the first starting conduction process. Thanking you, Vinay Patel

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.