Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

B-H curve of nonlinear material and constitutive relation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

question1: In the calculation of magnetic field , I have a expression of B-H curve, is B=B(H). Then in the "Ampere's Law", When constitutive relation is "B=mu0*(H+M)", what shoud be filled in the magnetization intensity M? If it is M(H), I can get it from "M=B(H)/mu0-H". How do I write the M(H)? If not, what should I write?

question2: In transient calculation, I have three B-H curves, are B1(H), B2(H) B3(H), and have three i-t curves, are i1(t), i2(t) i3(t), and they are corresponded. When exciting current is i1(t), the B-H curve used is B1(H); When exciting current is i2(t), the B-H curve used is B2(H);When exciting current is i3(t), the B-H curve used is B3(H). it makes different current is corresponded with different B-H curve. In comsol 4.3b, how I achieve it?

thank you

1 Reply Last Post 16 set 2013, 05:45 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 16 set 2013, 05:45 GMT-4

question1: In the calculation of magnetic field , I have a expression of B-H curve, is B=B(H). Then in the "Ampere's Law", When constitutive relation is "B=mu0*(H+M)", what shoud be filled in the magnetization intensity M? If it is M(H), I can get it from "M=B(H)/mu0-H". How do I write the M(H)? If not, what should I write?

question2: In transient calculation, I have three B-H curves, are B1(H), B2(H) B3(H), and have three i-t curves, are i1(t), i2(t) i3(t), and they are corresponded. When exciting current is i1(t), the B-H curve used is B1(H); When exciting current is i2(t), the B-H curve used is B2(H);When exciting current is i3(t), the B-H curve used is B3(H). it makes different current is corresponded with different B-H curve. In comsol 4.3b, how I achieve it?

thank you

first, if you define the magnetic material's constitutive relation as B=B(H) or H=H(B), mostly this is a soft magnetic material, and in Ampere's law you need to choose the user-defined relation as H=H(B) or B=B(H);
if you choose "B=mu0*(H+M)", the M shall be calculated from you B=B(H) relation, and read more about electromagnetics!
second question, do it three times!
[QUOTE] question1: In the calculation of magnetic field , I have a expression of B-H curve, is B=B(H). Then in the "Ampere's Law", When constitutive relation is "B=mu0*(H+M)", what shoud be filled in the magnetization intensity M? If it is M(H), I can get it from "M=B(H)/mu0-H". How do I write the M(H)? If not, what should I write? question2: In transient calculation, I have three B-H curves, are B1(H), B2(H) B3(H), and have three i-t curves, are i1(t), i2(t) i3(t), and they are corresponded. When exciting current is i1(t), the B-H curve used is B1(H); When exciting current is i2(t), the B-H curve used is B2(H);When exciting current is i3(t), the B-H curve used is B3(H). it makes different current is corresponded with different B-H curve. In comsol 4.3b, how I achieve it? thank you [/QUOTE] first, if you define the magnetic material's constitutive relation as B=B(H) or H=H(B), mostly this is a soft magnetic material, and in Ampere's law you need to choose the user-defined relation as H=H(B) or B=B(H); if you choose "B=mu0*(H+M)", the M shall be calculated from you B=B(H) relation, and read more about electromagnetics! second question, do it three times!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.