Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Bloch- Floquet Boundary Conditions in weak form constraint

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone

I'm going to build an equation based model which include periodic boundary conditions. I need to implement Bloch- Floquet Boundary Conditions in weak form.

Do you have any idea how to make it?

Thanks

8 Replies Last Post 3 mag 2016, 05:06 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 9 ott 2013, 14:00 GMT-4
This is only a reminder to see if anyone has any idea
This is only a reminder to see if anyone has any idea

Posted: 1 decade ago 5 mag 2014, 09:39 GMT-4
Hello, have you figure this problem out? floquet boundary condition in weak form? I confront the same problem and really need your help
Hello, have you figure this problem out? floquet boundary condition in weak form? I confront the same problem and really need your help

Posted: 1 decade ago 5 mag 2014, 12:23 GMT-4
I used Dirichlet B.C. to apply floquet B.C. but not in a weak form.
I used Dirichlet B.C. to apply floquet B.C. but not in a weak form.

Posted: 1 decade ago 5 mag 2014, 22:05 GMT-4
I will appreciate that if you could teach me...thank you
I will appreciate that if you could teach me...thank you

Posted: 9 years ago 23 ott 2015, 07:51 GMT-4
Hello,
I am trying to apply the Bloch- Floquet Boundary Conditions by means of pointwise node in a 2D periodic structure. However, it seems that my method has something wrong. Could you help me to point out the incorrectness?
Hello, I am trying to apply the Bloch- Floquet Boundary Conditions by means of pointwise node in a 2D periodic structure. However, it seems that my method has something wrong. Could you help me to point out the incorrectness?

Posted: 9 years ago 23 ott 2015, 11:44 GMT-4
please upload your file here. I will take a look at it. I'm using 4.4.

Hello,
I am trying to apply the Bloch- Floquet Boundary Conditions by means of pointwise node in a 2D periodic structure. However, it seems that my method has something wrong. Could you help me to point out the incorrectness?

please upload your file here. I will take a look at it. I'm using 4.4. [QUOTE] Hello, I am trying to apply the Bloch- Floquet Boundary Conditions by means of pointwise node in a 2D periodic structure. However, it seems that my method has something wrong. Could you help me to point out the incorrectness? [/QUOTE]

Posted: 9 years ago 24 ott 2015, 04:28 GMT-4
Hello,
The size of my MPH file is about 25MB, which can't be attached. Could you tell me how to upload my file or could you give me your email?

please upload your file here. I will take a look at it. I'm using 4.4.

Hello,

Hello, The size of my MPH file is about 25MB, which can't be attached. Could you tell me how to upload my file or could you give me your email? [QUOTE] please upload your file here. I will take a look at it. I'm using 4.4. [QUOTE] Hello, I am trying to apply the Bloch- Floquet Boundary Conditions by means of pointwise node in a 2D periodic structure. However, it seems that my method has something wrong. Could you help me to point out the incorrectness? [/QUOTE] [/QUOTE]

Posted: 8 years ago 3 mag 2016, 05:06 GMT-4
Hello,

Did you solve the problem, I am facing the same problem. How can we apply a boundary condition in weak form. In fact I have my equation with "u" periodic function how can I apply this periodic function in comsol?

Thanks you.
Said.
Hello, Did you solve the problem, I am facing the same problem. How can we apply a boundary condition in weak form. In fact I have my equation with "u" periodic function how can I apply this periodic function in comsol? Thanks you. Said.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.