Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

1D integration in 2D domain

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am trying to solve a mass transfer problem in a sphere (represented by a square, just as in the packed bed reactor example).

I want to continuously integrate the concentration at each time step ONLY across y-direction (radius) to calculate how much mass has diffused out and therefore the outer concentration (which is the Dirichlet boundary concentration I use). I multiply the integral by 4*pi*y^2

In definitions/model couplings the only options are either boundary integration or domain integration, which are not useful for this problem.

Any idea is appreciated...

Thanks

2 Replies Last Post 19 ott 2013, 04:59 GMT-4
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago 1 ott 2013, 08:11 GMT-4
Hello,
Sounds like a projection coupling operator would do the trick - If I correctly understand what you want to achieve. Check out the Reference Manual, version 4.3b, page 288.
Best,
Jeff
Hello, Sounds like a projection coupling operator would do the trick - If I correctly understand what you want to achieve. Check out the Reference Manual, version 4.3b, page 288. Best, Jeff

Posted: 1 decade ago 19 ott 2013, 04:59 GMT-4
Thanks!
Thanks!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.