Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to define a surface current on a surface, not boundary in 2-D modeling

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I am working on a 2-D modeling and I want to define a surface current density on a surface. However, it seems that I could only define it on a boundary for 2-D case. Anyone can tell me how could I achieve this? Thanks

1 Reply Last Post 4 ott 2013, 00:06 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 4 ott 2013, 00:06 GMT-4
It can be done in Comsol 4.3b using EMW Time Explicit -> Add Electric Current Density.

I do have a question (or see my post). How to use the result of other model's time-dependent solution (i.e. a current flux solved in chemical transport model) as the surface current model here?

Yours
Bo
It can be done in Comsol 4.3b using EMW Time Explicit -> Add Electric Current Density. I do have a question (or see my post). How to use the result of other model's time-dependent solution (i.e. a current flux solved in chemical transport model) as the surface current model here? Yours Bo

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.