Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Simulate electric field between charged plates 3D

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I'm totally new with COMSOL and it's very hard to get started.

I want to simulate an electric field between two charged plates ( one plate -1000V, the other +1000V). I think this is something really basic in comsol but I just can't get it.

I know how to build the 2 plates, but can someone help me with the rest?

Is there any tutorial or video where I can learn from to make this happen?

King Regards,

Frits Dhaenens

1 Reply Last Post 5 nov 2013, 08:37 GMT-5
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 5 nov 2013, 08:37 GMT-5
Hello Frits,
As you've never used the software before, I would strongly recommend you go through the two tutorials contained in the manual entitled "Introduction to COMSOL Multiphysics" before you work on your own models. You will find that manual under the Help>Documentation menu.
You will find tons of additional tutorials in the Model Library. They come with step-by-step instructions. The Model Library is reached through the View menu. One of the models, entitled "Electric Sensor" illustrates the use of the software for a simple electrostatic application like yours.
Best regards,
Jeff
Hello Frits, As you've never used the software before, I would strongly recommend you go through the two tutorials contained in the manual entitled "Introduction to COMSOL Multiphysics" before you work on your own models. You will find that manual under the Help>Documentation menu. You will find tons of additional tutorials in the Model Library. They come with step-by-step instructions. The Model Library is reached through the View menu. One of the models, entitled "Electric Sensor" illustrates the use of the software for a simple electrostatic application like yours. Best regards, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.