Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Meshing thin layer with holes

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

I have a question for one 3D problem in RF module. I have a 3D structure (glass, thin metal film with holes, active layer, metal). I attached pictures. I have questions about meshing that thin layer with holes, port, periodic conditions and PML. First question, how to mesh that thin metal with those holes? Second question, is that necessary to put PML for these kind of structures, or we put PML just for scattering formalism? Third question, if we need to put PML, how to define the port? And the last question, how to define periodic boundary conditions (because I want to make infinite structure)? And just one question concerning versions of the Comsol. Is the 4.3b only version of the Comsol where we have periodic port in 3D?

Thank you very much for any reply.

0 Replies Last Post 6 nov 2013, 06:27 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Alf Kvak

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.