Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Thermal structure interaction

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I was watching one of the webinars and was trying to build a model similar to the following: www.comsol.com/video/thermal-structure-interaction-mems-energy-harvester
I have set up the model but I can't find the pair thermal contact in the heat transfer physics. I did form assembly. I am also running 4.3b. from the video it seems that its important to do this as the solutions will be used from both the solid mechanics and heat transfer. Can any one help on this? has anyone doen something similar in coupling heat transfer and solis mechanics physics? Thanks.

Juan

1 Reply Last Post 5 dic 2013, 09:11 GMT-5
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 5 dic 2013, 09:11 GMT-5
Hi Juan,
Your license probably does not include the optional Heat Transfer Module. To check on that, go to the Options>Licenses menu (in v4.3b) or File>Licensed and Used Products menu (in 4.4).
Best,
Jeff
Hi Juan, Your license probably does not include the optional Heat Transfer Module. To check on that, go to the Options>Licenses menu (in v4.3b) or File>Licensed and Used Products menu (in 4.4). Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.