Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Plotting ratio of displacement

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am using COMSOL 4.2.1.166, and am simulating a circular membrane as a Structural mechanics 'plate'. I simulate to get the mode shape of the fundamental mode for a uniform load in the normal direction and intial stress in the x-direction. I now would like to plot the ratio of the vertical defelction along the x and y axis as a function of the radius, i.e. something like
w(x=0,y,z=0)/w(x,y=0,z=0)
with vertical displacement w of the fundamental mode vibration. I can't find how to access the vertical displacement along a line (e.g. x-axis w(x,y=0,z=0) ) to be able to plot it. Does anyone know how this can be done?

Best
Martin

1 Reply Last Post 16 dic 2013, 06:59 GMT-5
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 16 dic 2013, 06:59 GMT-5
Hi,

You can add a General Extrusion coupling operator which maps X to Y and Y to X. Then you can do a line plot along the x-axis of e.g. 'genext1(w)/w'.

Regards,
Henrik
Hi, You can add a General Extrusion coupling operator which maps X to Y and Y to X. Then you can do a line plot along the x-axis of e.g. 'genext1(w)/w'. Regards, Henrik

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.