Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Plane Wave Radiation in Transient Analysis

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello Dear Friends,

I want to simulate a simple model via transient analysis. My model is similar to "porous_absorber.mph" (4.3b). My model is more simple. Fundamental difference between two models is that porous absorber uses frequency domain analysis (acpr), but my model uses transient analysis (actd).
There is rectangle (water domain) in my model as geometry. Top boundary is sound soft boundary (to simulate air-water interface). Bottom boundary is plane wave radiation boundary. Left and right boundaries are periodic condition boundaries (floquet periodicity). Plane wave (finite duration: 1 ms) is radiated from bottom boundary then it is reflected/scattered from top boundary. I want to observe scattered pressure in the water domain.
I can do that for normal incidence very accurately. But when I change the angle of incidence (to oblique incidences, e.g. pi/4), shape of radiated plane wave and naturally reflected/scattered wave is not what it is supposed to be.
What can I do in order to fix that? Should I use model coupling? If yes, what would it be?

In "porous absorber" example, wave number of incident field (k0) is defined as a variable: k0=intopx(acpr.k).
In my model I could not define k0 in this way (k0=intopx(actd.k), because transient analysis does not give a permission to do that. I define k0 as 2*pi*lambda.

Thank you for your help...

2 Replies Last Post 15 gen 2014, 17:25 GMT-5

Posted: 1 decade ago 14 gen 2014, 09:33 GMT-5
Could you post the .mph file?

--
Hope this helps
--
/RVN
Could you post the .mph file? -- Hope this helps -- /RVN

Posted: 1 decade ago 15 gen 2014, 17:25 GMT-5
There was a problem with mph file. But I have added screen shots (includes parameters and variables). You can see the difference between plane wave radiation of 45 degree and 90 degree.

Thank you for your reply...
There was a problem with mph file. But I have added screen shots (includes parameters and variables). You can see the difference between plane wave radiation of 45 degree and 90 degree. Thank you for your reply...

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.