Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

using the test() operator for a BC (weak formulation)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I work on a coupled air-heat-moisture model in building walls.
I use the Heat Transfer and Fluid Flow modules, with T and P as dependent variables, and a node for moisture transfer, with phi relative humidity as dependent variable.

On the boundary I need to write the following boundary condition :
-grad(phi)=0 if u.n >=0
phi=phi_0 if n . u < 0

It means that the iso-moisture lines are normal to the boundary when some air is flowing through it.
I know that I should use the weak formulation with the test() operator to write this boundary condition, but the COMSOL userguide doesn't helped me on for that.

I am wondering if somebody have already dealt with that and could share some experience.
C. Belleudy

0 Replies Last Post 19 feb 2014, 11:15 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Clément Belleudy

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.