Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

diffusion of ions in wood

Kolavali Reddy Suresh

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi I am very new to this COMSOL software. I have a licensed version of 4.1 installed in my computer. I need to start model the diffusion of ions in wood. Can some of you please provide suggestions on some related tutorials, so that i can start build my model? Any help is much appreciated since I have limited time to finish the task.

2 Replies Last Post 26 feb 2014, 03:31 GMT-5

Posted: 1 decade ago 25 feb 2014, 16:03 GMT-5
Hi,

If your problem is fully saturated, just use solute transport module available in subsurface module. In the subsurface module you will find lots of inbuilt model examples.

If your problem is unsaturated, then couple the Richard's equation provision under fluid flow.

Suresh
Hi, If your problem is fully saturated, just use solute transport module available in subsurface module. In the subsurface module you will find lots of inbuilt model examples. If your problem is unsaturated, then couple the Richard's equation provision under fluid flow. Suresh

Kolavali Reddy Suresh

Posted: 1 decade ago 26 feb 2014, 03:31 GMT-5
Thank you Suresh Seetharam, yes my problem related to fully starurated, and I will try some exmaples as you suugested.
Thank you Suresh Seetharam, yes my problem related to fully starurated, and I will try some exmaples as you suugested.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.