Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

calculate the electric field near a pylon

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone,

I just started using COMSOL and I could use some help.

I would like to compute the electric field near a pylon caused by 6 conductors.
I set up the 6 conductors with a potential: u*sin(100*pi*t).
The pylon itself is ground.

A cylindrical geometry is placed over the whole pylon to define the air.

Now I would like to do a time dependent study. This works well until i set up the cylindrical geometrie as a infinite element. I tried a lot of iterative solver, but they all wont converge to one value.

can anyone help me to fix this?

thanks in advance.

0 Replies Last Post 7 mar 2014, 05:45 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Mathijs Boddaert

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.