Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

assigning material

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

is there any way to assign material object made by surface??

3 Replies Last Post 27 mar 2014, 07:49 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 26 mar 2014, 08:20 GMT-4
Hi Vihang,

I don't understand your question. Do you mean any of the following:

Is there any way to assign material properties to a surface (simple 2d) geometry?
Is there a way to assign different material properties to different surfaces in a simple 2d geometry?
Is there a way to assign different material properties to different surfaces of a 3d geometry?
Is there any way to assign material properties which vary across a surface?

Please let us know if one of these is the question you want to have answered.

-Nathan
Hi Vihang, I don't understand your question. Do you mean any of the following: Is there any way to assign material properties to a surface (simple 2d) geometry? Is there a way to assign different material properties to different surfaces in a simple 2d geometry? Is there a way to assign different material properties to different surfaces of a 3d geometry? Is there any way to assign material properties which vary across a surface? Please let us know if one of these is the question you want to have answered. -Nathan

Posted: 1 decade ago 26 mar 2014, 10:20 GMT-4
Yes, you can. There is a compobox for "Geometry Entity Selection", that lets you
chose lower dimensional objects.
Yes, you can. There is a compobox for "Geometry Entity Selection", that lets you chose lower dimensional objects.

Posted: 1 decade ago 27 mar 2014, 07:49 GMT-4
YOUR LAS T GUESS IS CORRECT.FURTHER I WANT TO ASK THAT WHEN I TRY TO STUDY THAT MODEL THERE IS ERROR SAYING THAT "MEAN OPERATOR REQUIRES HIGHER DIMENSION IN ADJACENT DOMAIN".I'M NOT ABLE TO UPLOAD PROJECT FILE BUT I UPLOAD IMAGES OF PROJECT.MY FILE SIZE IS OF 12 MB.PLEASE HELP ME
YOUR LAS T GUESS IS CORRECT.FURTHER I WANT TO ASK THAT WHEN I TRY TO STUDY THAT MODEL THERE IS ERROR SAYING THAT "MEAN OPERATOR REQUIRES HIGHER DIMENSION IN ADJACENT DOMAIN".I'M NOT ABLE TO UPLOAD PROJECT FILE BUT I UPLOAD IMAGES OF PROJECT.MY FILE SIZE IS OF 12 MB.PLEASE HELP ME

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.