Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Spatial Coordinates as parameter

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello all,

I am attempting to create a structure that continuously changes with height--there are multiple optical fibers, and they increase in size as they get further away from one end of the model. It's similar to a truncated cone, but with a much more complex internal structure that would be difficult ti model with a cone. I think the easiest way to do this would be to invoke the z-coordinate as a parameter in the model I am building, but cannot figure out how to do this.

If you know how to do this, please reply.

1 Reply Last Post 7 apr 2014, 22:05 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 7 apr 2014, 22:05 GMT-4
I found some pictures to illustrate my meaning:
Image 1, the hexagonal prism with embedded optical fibers, shows what I wish to modify. Image 2 shows a magnifier along the lines that I am envisaging, but made with simple truncated cones.
I found some pictures to illustrate my meaning: Image 1, the hexagonal prism with embedded optical fibers, shows what I wish to modify. Image 2 shows a magnifier along the lines that I am envisaging, but made with simple truncated cones.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.