Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Why The "Export Current Plot" Does not give the data?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I use "Domain Plot Parameters" Function of COMSOL to plot the displacement along an edge of my structure. It plots the displacement and can export the BitMap file but when I use "Export Current Plot" to generate the ASCII or MATLAB file it just gives the Coordinates and no data??

Have anyone seen this before? What is the solution?

2 Replies Last Post 7 apr 2010, 04:46 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 4 apr 2010, 02:11 GMT-4
Hi

for me it write out two colums "x" and "y" if I asc for the simple txt format, grouped as matlab commands if I as for the "m" format. One thing you must say SAVE in the first window AND OK in the second, otherwise the file is NOT saved, a little incoherence here in v3.5a

When you ask for the Nodes, you get the node indox on the edge, and not their coordinates

Hope this helps
have fun Comsoling
Ivar
Hi for me it write out two colums "x" and "y" if I asc for the simple txt format, grouped as matlab commands if I as for the "m" format. One thing you must say SAVE in the first window AND OK in the second, otherwise the file is NOT saved, a little incoherence here in v3.5a When you ask for the Nodes, you get the node indox on the edge, and not their coordinates Hope this helps have fun Comsoling Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 7 apr 2010, 04:46 GMT-4
Thanks Ivar,
Actually I had made an stupid mistake :) It is fine now.
Thanks Ivar, Actually I had made an stupid mistake :) It is fine now.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.