Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

cross-section averaged fluid velocity as a function of flow direction in a rectangular pipe

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi to all,

I am trying to use general projection in a simple rectangular pipe, with laminar flow of water in order to plot the average velocity,(spf.U), (average in a yz cross-section) across the length of the pipe (x).

Thank you in advance for your help

1 Reply Last Post 15 mag 2014, 13:25 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 15 mag 2014, 13:25 GMT-4

Hi to all,

I am trying to use general projection in a simple rectangular pipe, with laminar flow of water in order to plot the average velocity,(spf.U), (average in a yz cross-section) across the length of the pipe (x).

Thank you in advance for your help

The Geometry is 3D
I am able to do it in 2D geometry with the linear projection but not in 3D
[QUOTE] Hi to all, I am trying to use general projection in a simple rectangular pipe, with laminar flow of water in order to plot the average velocity,(spf.U), (average in a yz cross-section) across the length of the pipe (x). Thank you in advance for your help [/QUOTE] The Geometry is 3D I am able to do it in 2D geometry with the linear projection but not in 3D

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.