Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Failed to find a solution??

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

How can i solve this problem? anyone knows?
Thank you very much
Sepideh

==========================================================================
Failed to find a solution.
Singular matrix.

There are 195 void equations (empty rows in matrix) for the variable mod1.p.
at coordinates: (0.528027,10.2826), (0.480722,10.5094), (13.1715,6.05448), (102.733,1.18038), (104.459,2.34395), ...
and similarly for the degrees of freedom (empty columns in matrix).
Returned solution is not converged.

3 Replies Last Post 22 mag 2014, 04:40 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 21 mag 2014, 11:40 GMT-4
I would say your problem is not well defined. Can you say a bit more about what you are trying to do and when the error occurs?
I would say your problem is not well defined. Can you say a bit more about what you are trying to do and when the error occurs?

Posted: 1 decade ago 22 mag 2014, 04:29 GMT-4
trying to solve 2D model in fluid flow- porous media and subsurface flow- richards' equation:
steady state condition with default parameters provided by comsol except imposing hydraulic head for my boundaries.
and then after solving the project, I am confronting with this error.
If it is not clear, please let me know to explain more.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Sepideh
trying to solve 2D model in fluid flow- porous media and subsurface flow- richards' equation: steady state condition with default parameters provided by comsol except imposing hydraulic head for my boundaries. and then after solving the project, I am confronting with this error. If it is not clear, please let me know to explain more. Thanks in advance for your help. Sepideh

Posted: 1 decade ago 22 mag 2014, 04:40 GMT-4
Sorry I have no experience with the things you mention.
Sorry I have no experience with the things you mention.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.