Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

COMSOL v4.4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, wondering if COMSOL v4.4 is able to import data files to compare with the results obtained?

Thank you

4 Replies Last Post 5 giu 2014, 18:52 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 4 giu 2014, 10:14 GMT-4
Yes, it is.
Yes, it is.

Posted: 1 decade ago 5 giu 2014, 02:44 GMT-4
May I know how is it done, say, I need to import a set of excel datas to compare with my simulation results?
May I know how is it done, say, I need to import a set of excel datas to compare with my simulation results?

Posted: 1 decade ago 5 giu 2014, 03:34 GMT-4
Hi,

I think you have to save it as csv (at least that works but maybe xls/xlsx works as well), and then in the results node you can add a table node in which you can click 'import', and then import the data you want. Then in the plot group node where you want to plot both your results and the imported data you can add a table graph node and link it to the table you have just created.
Hi, I think you have to save it as csv (at least that works but maybe xls/xlsx works as well), and then in the results node you can add a table node in which you can click 'import', and then import the data you want. Then in the plot group node where you want to plot both your results and the imported data you can add a table graph node and link it to the table you have just created.

Posted: 1 decade ago 5 giu 2014, 18:52 GMT-4
Hi,

Thanks for that. Will try it out soon :)
Hi, Thanks for that. Will try it out soon :)

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.