Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

What is the full form of COMSOL's abbreviation? What does it stand for?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I know it sounds like a silly question, but I'm wondering what does "COMSOL" stand for? Is it an acronym or abbreviation? What's its full form?

--
“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”
- Yoda

2 Replies Last Post 14 ago 2014, 07:29 GMT-4
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago 17 giu 2014, 13:49 GMT-4
Hello John,
COMSOL is not an acronym. I believe the founders were inspired by the words "Computer" and "Solution".
Jeff
Hello John, COMSOL is not an acronym. I believe the founders were inspired by the words "Computer" and "Solution". Jeff

Posted: 10 years ago 14 ago 2014, 07:29 GMT-4

Hello John,
COMSOL is not an acronym. I believe the founders were inspired by the words "Computer" and "Solution".
Jeff

Hi Jeff! Ah okay, I see.. I thought it was an acronym, haha.. Cool, it's just nice to know some interesting stories behind COMSOL.. Besides, I'm doing my master's thesis by using COMSOL, and perhaps I thought I need to explain what does COMSOL stand for, apparently it's just...COMSOL. :)

--
“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”
- Yoda
[QUOTE] Hello John, COMSOL is not an acronym. I believe the founders were inspired by the words "Computer" and "Solution". Jeff [/QUOTE] Hi Jeff! Ah okay, I see.. I thought it was an acronym, haha.. Cool, it's just nice to know some interesting stories behind COMSOL.. Besides, I'm doing my master's thesis by using COMSOL, and perhaps I thought I need to explain what does COMSOL stand for, apparently it's just...COMSOL. :) -- “Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” - Yoda

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.