Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

converting a general form of PDE to weak form PDE

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all ,

I am going to define a weak form of PDE on boundaries of a cylinder based on 4 dependent variables V_m, m, n , h. The following equations need to be converted to weak form but I do not know how to do it. unfortunately there is not any model example or explanation in this regard in comsol tutorial or model library.

equations:

1. d(V_m)/dt=G_Na*(V_m-E_Na)+G_K*(V_m-E_K)+G_l*(V_m-E_l)
2. dm/dt=a_m*(1-m)-b_m*m
3. dn/dt=a_n*(1-n)-b_n*n
4. dh/dt=a_h*(1-h)-b_h*h

could someone help me please??
thanks in advance

2 Replies Last Post 16 ago 2014, 11:06 GMT-4

Posted: 10 years ago 16 ago 2014, 10:58 GMT-4
Probably you'd go for technical support.
Probably you'd go for technical support.

Posted: 10 years ago 16 ago 2014, 11:06 GMT-4
I just want to know how a pde should be entered as a weak expression. For example I know the weak form of Poisson's equation weak expression would be ux*test(ux)-uy*test(uy)+test(u). But I don't have any idea about those four equations that I mentioned above.
I just want to know how a pde should be entered as a weak expression. For example I know the weak form of Poisson's equation weak expression would be ux*test(ux)-uy*test(uy)+test(u). But I don't have any idea about those four equations that I mentioned above.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.