Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Real and Imaginary parts of S11 and S21

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Please tell me how can i obtain real and imaginary parts of S11 and S21 .I plotted a curve between S11, S21 (dB)vs frequency(Hz), but the algorithm which i am going to use requires real and imaginary parts of S11 and S21.If anyone knows please help me.

Regards
Ranu Pal
Ph.D

3 Replies Last Post 4 set 2014, 04:46 GMT-4
Sergei Yushanov Certified Consultant

Posted: 10 years ago 3 set 2014, 08:03 GMT-4
Ranu,

Use expression emw.S11 or real(emw.S11) to get real part of S11, and imag(emw.S11) to get imaginary part of S11.

Regards,
Sergei
Ranu, Use expression emw.S11 or real(emw.S11) to get real part of S11, and imag(emw.S11) to get imaginary part of S11. Regards, Sergei

Posted: 10 years ago 4 set 2014, 00:57 GMT-4
Thanks sir. when i do this an error is encountered "unknown operator" Real or Imag.
Thanks sir. when i do this an error is encountered "unknown operator" Real or Imag.

Posted: 10 years ago 4 set 2014, 04:46 GMT-4
Thanks sir,
I got it.
Thanks sir, I got it.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.