Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Skin and Proximity Effects

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I am calculating ac resistance of a conductor of a cable in trefoil and flat formations. I wonder, are the Skin and Proximity Effects taken into account in Magnetic Fields Physics? Or shall I define them manually?

Regards,
Akim

3 Replies Last Post 7 gen 2016, 14:41 GMT-5

Posted: 10 years ago 4 set 2014, 01:03 GMT-4
Hi Akim,

The effects are predefined. Use Frequency Domain study.

Regards,
Dima.

--
Dima Apter
www.a2z-consulting.com
Hi Akim, The effects are predefined. Use Frequency Domain study. Regards, Dima. -- Dima Apter www.a2z-consulting.com

Posted: 10 years ago 4 set 2014, 01:05 GMT-4
Thanks a lot!
Thanks a lot!

Posted: 9 years ago 7 gen 2016, 14:41 GMT-5
Hi fellas;

I understand that proximity is predefined in COMSOL, but when I want to process the results, which item shows the current only due to the proximity effect?
Basically how can I differentiate?
Hi fellas; I understand that proximity is predefined in COMSOL, but when I want to process the results, which item shows the current only due to the proximity effect? Basically how can I differentiate?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.