Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Electromagnetic waves

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Referring to the microwave oven model from the model library, the E0 vector was set as cos(pi*y/dg)[V/m] at the z direction. Could anyone please explain to me how was that set, as i'm changing the position of the port for the modelling of my microwave oven and have no idea how to set the E0 vector for my model.

Thank you.

3 Replies Last Post 2 apr 2015, 19:11 GMT-4
Sergei Yushanov Certified Consultant

Posted: 10 years ago 22 set 2014, 12:40 GMT-4
EL,

The transverse component of electric field for the TE10 mode is sine function which is zero at the waveguide sides and reaches maximum at the middle. Specific expression depends on the orientation and origin of the coordinate system, as illustrated in the attached image.

Regards,
Sergei
EL, The transverse component of electric field for the TE10 mode is sine function which is zero at the waveguide sides and reaches maximum at the middle. Specific expression depends on the orientation and origin of the coordinate system, as illustrated in the attached image. Regards, Sergei

Posted: 10 years ago 22 set 2014, 20:04 GMT-4
Hi Sergei,

Thank you for the prompt reply. The piece of information is very helpful to me.

Regards,
EL
Hi Sergei, Thank you for the prompt reply. The piece of information is very helpful to me. Regards, EL

Posted: 9 years ago 2 apr 2015, 19:11 GMT-4
In TE, Ez not equal zero? Sorry i still do not get it how cos(pi*y/a) work?
In TE, Ez not equal zero? Sorry i still do not get it how cos(pi*y/a) work?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.