Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Example of protein adsorption

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

I am studying the protein adsorption example given in Reaction Engineering Lab. I follow punctually the instructions, but stage 2, exporting to Multiphysics does not work. Solving the system returns the following message:

"Error:
Failed to find consistent initial values.
Singular_matrix

There are 55 void equations (empty rows in matrix) for the variable c_Aa
at coordinates: (0), (6.00166e-009), (1.20033e-008), (1.99122e-008), (2.78211e-008), ...
There are 55 void equations (empty rows in matrix) for the variable c_Ba
at coordinates: (0), (6.00166e-009), (1.20033e-008), (1.99122e-008), (2.78211e-008), ...

Last time step is not converged."

Solution stops at Time=0.

I wonder what I should do in the Subdomain setting to the 'unnamed1' group, which appears with the group 'protein' which exporting created.

Thanks
Lasse Murtomäki
University of Helsinki

1 Reply Last Post 21 apr 2010, 07:01 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 21 apr 2010, 07:01 GMT-4
It may have been due to my units: none. Hence, I had simulated in an dimensionless form previously. But I am not sute that that was the reason...
It may have been due to my units: none. Hence, I had simulated in an dimensionless form previously. But I am not sute that that was the reason...

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.