Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Dirac delta function in 3D

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
i am trying to represent a current dipole in a volume conductor model using a point source and sink at a very small distance apart. however, i would like to know if there is any other way to represent a dipole or dipole moment. e.g.
the poisson's equation
DEL.(sigma DEL(V))=-Im
where Im is the volume current distribution.
and this volume distribution, in theory. can be represented by a dirac delta function i.e.
Im=-I[delta(r-rsource)-delta(r-rsink)]
where rsource(x,y,z) is the location of source
and rsink(x,y,z) is the location od the sink.

and once this distribution is achieved how can i use Heaviside function in 3D to smooth out the source distribution.

0 Replies Last Post 26 apr 2010, 04:46 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Salman Shahid

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.