Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Eddy Currents and div(J)=0 in Areas

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear Users,

i have a small question ^^ . I want to calculate an eddy current problem. But i want, that in one subdomain the summ of the current amounts at 0 Ampere (divJ=0) . How can I reach the condition in a subdomain?

greetings
Alex

PS: Sorry for my bad Englisch

4 Replies Last Post 1 mag 2010, 09:36 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 30 apr 2010, 02:00 GMT-4
Hi

in a general sense you can have COMSOL to minimise a "user define global variable" during it's solving process, so you could define a condition that is such that your sum of the current = 0 in a particular subdomain.

I'm not sure it will solve your issue, but it is very powerfull for design optimising, there are more on that in the doc, try an idexed search for "global variables", or look at the torque/moment example in the structural user guide

Have fun Comsoling
Ivar
Hi in a general sense you can have COMSOL to minimise a "user define global variable" during it's solving process, so you could define a condition that is such that your sum of the current = 0 in a particular subdomain. I'm not sure it will solve your issue, but it is very powerfull for design optimising, there are more on that in the doc, try an idexed search for "global variables", or look at the torque/moment example in the structural user guide Have fun Comsoling Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 1 mag 2010, 05:32 GMT-4
hi ivar,

thx for your answer, but i diddnt find the torque/moment example in the modell libary. Where is it? Furthermore in the indexed search isn't a entry about the globa variable.

greetings

Alexander
hi ivar, thx for your answer, but i diddnt find the torque/moment example in the modell libary. Where is it? Furthermore in the indexed search isn't a entry about the globa variable. greetings Alexander

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 1 mag 2010, 05:42 GMT-4
Hi

sorry to confuse you its in the smeug.pdf p69 of v3.5a, but there are a couple of discussions on the forum too
Ivar
Hi sorry to confuse you its in the smeug.pdf p69 of v3.5a, but there are a couple of discussions on the forum too Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 1 mag 2010, 09:36 GMT-4
Ahh okay thx ..

Greetings
Alexander
Ahh okay thx .. Greetings Alexander

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.