Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Use parametric sweep for the determination of transition point

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello all,

my intention is to use the parametric sweep to gradually increase a parameter and stop the sweep as soon as a stop condition applies. More precisely: Comsol is calculating a component concentration in a drying film surface and is supposed to stop it when this concentration reaches a certain value. Herein, I am only interested at which parameter this happens. Therefore, I do not need any solutions besides the two parameters in between this transition happens.
I added a parametric sweep and entered the stop condition. Plus, under the node "Error" in Parametric (Job configurations) I activated "Stop if error" but it still seems to simulate all parameters instead of aborting the simulation when the stop conditions is true.

Can you help me with this issue? Thank you very much in advance!

Dennis

0 Replies Last Post 9 dic 2014, 04:31 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Dennis Wagner

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.