Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Cool new 4.0 feature for multiple models

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Comsol 4.0 doesn't (yet) have a tuturial for doing one model, take answers from that and then do next model, and so on. But if you look in low-velocity k-e model, there is an example. It solves first for reciprocal wall distance then uses that to solve for the near wall physics.

So I started to code that up and stumbled into something neat: If you create two models and then simply click "Compute" on the study, then COMSOL sets up the whole solver sequence for you. Magic. :-)

In my case I had to do a tiny bit of hand tweaking to tell it what to solve for in the first model vs the second model, which means never again can I click "Compute" - I have to remember to click "Compute Using Attached Sequence", but nonetheless I was impressed. I can post the model if anyone interested.

Regards, John

2 Replies Last Post 30 ott 2010, 14:24 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello John

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago 30 ott 2010, 14:21 GMT-4
Interesting. I have the acoustics module, but I might be able to make use of the file. if its not in the acoustics module or the general multi-physics, could you delete the physics tree node and then post it? Then I'll be able to see the tree.

Thanks.

-Sami

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Arts, crafts and sciences uplift the world of being and are conducive to its exaltation.
~Baha'u'llah
Interesting. I have the acoustics module, but I might be able to make use of the file. if its not in the acoustics module or the general multi-physics, could you delete the physics tree node and then post it? Then I'll be able to see the tree. Thanks. -Sami ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Arts, crafts and sciences uplift the world of being and are conducive to its exaltation. ~Baha'u'llah

Posted: 1 decade ago 30 ott 2010, 14:24 GMT-4
Interrested I am :...
JF
Interrested I am :... JF

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.