Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Build 2 port SAW

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello all,
I am very new to COMSOL. I am trying to set up a 2 port SAW device model using COMSOL. I down loaded the existing tutorial (in ppt format) from the COMSOL site. I also downloaded the mph file, but unfortunately it does not open because I have an older version.

Here are some of the challenges.
- I am not sure if everything is explained and illustrated in the ppt. www.comsol.com/model/two-port-piezoelectric-saw-device-19155

- I followed the steps. However, I cannot visualize the device that they have pictured in the slide deck, slide 14. I see that there is no object added. I tried to add. However, it does not read all the parameters, including IDTs that were specified.

I am right not stuck. If some one can help me with details on setting up of the problem, it would be of tremendous help.

thanks very much
Kamala

5 Replies Last Post 25 nov 2015, 11:53 GMT-5

Posted: 9 years ago 1 feb 2015, 13:40 GMT-5
i am stuck with the same issue after 15 days of yours. kindly send me that .mph file to my email if you have fixed it. anilece at outlook dot com
i am stuck with the same issue after 15 days of yours. kindly send me that .mph file to my email if you have fixed it. anilece at outlook dot com

Posted: 9 years ago 6 apr 2015, 12:42 GMT-4
I have a problem with the same model
after finishing mesh step .. and start to compute study... COMSOL not executed and it dispaly error message " Out of memory during assembly.
- Feature: Dependent Variables 1 (sol1/v1)"
I have a problem with the same model after finishing mesh step .. and start to compute study... COMSOL not executed and it dispaly error message " Out of memory during assembly. - Feature: Dependent Variables 1 (sol1/v1)"

Posted: 9 years ago 23 apr 2015, 02:46 GMT-4
if you have the ppt document you should see there is steps you have to do before start the compute, follow slid 26 and 27 exactly then every thing will be ok.
if you have the ppt document you should see there is steps you have to do before start the compute, follow slid 26 and 27 exactly then every thing will be ok.

Karthik Vathool Jambunatha Ramani

Posted: 9 years ago 25 nov 2015, 11:28 GMT-5
Hi Mezo Sherb,
I am also encountering the same problem. How did you resolve it?
I have a 8GB ram which is still insufficient for the computation. Did you change the solver to slower iterative mode?

Thanks,
Karthik
Hi Mezo Sherb, I am also encountering the same problem. How did you resolve it? I have a 8GB ram which is still insufficient for the computation. Did you change the solver to slower iterative mode? Thanks, Karthik

Posted: 9 years ago 25 nov 2015, 11:53 GMT-5
reduce the number of nodes to solve
reduce the number of nodes to solve

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.