Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

problem with thermal stress module

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all!, I have the next problem:
I am solving something similar to an additive manufacturing process; you begin with a layer and at the end you finish with ten (for example).
I have tried to solve the heat transfer problem with all the layers created on my geometry but I have imposed a function between them that deletes the conduction between them when they are not positioned.
The results are quite good, now I want to solve the thermal residual stresses during the heating and I find many problems because I define the geometry as an assembly but that is true until the layers return into the same after being fastened due to the heating. I dont want to create a contact pair because it is really a joint. is it possible to create an assembly that changes into a glued part during the solving process??

0 Replies Last Post 5 feb 2015, 12:51 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello María Martín

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.