Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

About general projection orlinear projection

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, hoe are you?
I had read this post about projections:
www.comsol.com/blogs/analyze-simulation-results-projection-operators/
It seems to bevery helpful to calculate the average value of a variable along a channel. In this case the concentration.
I need basically to do the same, but what happen is that my channel is rectangular in shape and it is a 3D channel. I had tried doing something similar to what it is written on the post, but i can not get any advance. I had read the documentation on the comsol pdfs, but it was not too helpfully for me.
Someone could give me an advice about how can i define a linear projection or general projection in a 3D channel like mine in order to calculate the average concentracion in all cross sections along the channel length?

thank you very much
Houari

1 Reply Last Post 25 feb 2017, 09:54 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Houari Cobas

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago 25 feb 2017, 09:54 GMT-5
Hallo Houari, hallo Community,

I've also read the blog posting "Analyze your Simulation Results with Projection Operators" and still have problems, to use general projection 2 times reduce 3d data to 1d data via averaging. In my case I would like to get the temperate crosssection average in a direction.

So it is a pitty, that the blog posting does not show many screenshots.

In my case, I could define the projection 'genproj1' and it seems accessible - e.g. comsol shows me the right unit if I just give define variable 'comp.genproj1(1)'. But I was not able to generate or visualize the result of comp.genproj1(comp.T) for the geometry/section.... Can someone please help us?

Hallo Houari, hallo Community, I've also read the blog posting "Analyze your Simulation Results with Projection Operators" and still have problems, to use general projection 2 times reduce 3d data to 1d data via averaging. In my case I would like to get the temperate crosssection average in a direction. So it is a pitty, that the blog posting does not show many screenshots. In my case, I could define the projection 'genproj1' and it seems accessible - e.g. comsol shows me the right unit if I just give define variable 'comp.genproj1(1)'. But I was not able to generate or visualize the result of comp.genproj1(comp.T) for the geometry/section.... Can someone please help us?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.