Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

moving mesh application in comsol 4.3

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

i am trying to solve one of the papers regarding to mems piezoelectric energy harvesting. As that paper is done through comsol 3.5 version. Now i would like to know how boundary conditions for moving mesh can be implemented. The conditions i have to apply for moving mesh physics were the bottom face of the piezo electric subdomain was constrained as clamped while the vertical faces were clamped along normal direction and the left unconstrained along tangential direction allowing them to stretch freely. The upper face of the piezoelectric layer was tangentially constrained and displaced in the normal direction to the surface by a given displacement,using a parameter delta thickness. The parameter delta thickness was changed from 50um to 340 um obtaining a parameterized moving mesh. link of paper is
www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCEQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.comsol.co.in%2Fpapers%2F6624%2Fdownload%2FGuizzetti.pdf&ei=99zmVJmmGNOgugSLr4Ew&usg=AFQjCNFjmNx8Ls2t8L6nG9nQuxF5KoD4iw&sig2=18KwzwMVMTPcGGfU9KPHAQ&bvm=bv.86475890,d.c2E
can anyone suggest me how to solve this boundary conditions for moving mesh in comsol 4.3 and also how this physics can be implemented as piezo devies physics was used.

0 Replies Last Post 20 feb 2015, 02:08 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Vijay Srinivas Tida

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.