Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Electric field limits

Santiago Villavicencio

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi
Im modeling a simple cooper cable electric field distribution
I want to know how can I put a range of values that i want to obtain. for example I want to see the electric field lines >2.6KV/mm

3 Replies Last Post 6 mar 2015, 21:19 GMT-5

Posted: 9 years ago 6 mar 2015, 09:28 GMT-5
Hi,
For your questions.You can use a filter and enter E>2.6KV/mm.
have fun comsol!
Hi, For your questions.You can use a filter and enter E>2.6KV/mm. have fun comsol!

Santiago Villavicencio

Posted: 9 years ago 6 mar 2015, 10:31 GMT-5
Thanks That worked.

But that was just the tip of the iceberg.
i am ploting an electric field of a simple conductor wire surrounded by air.
I want to plot the electric field that is bigger than 2.6 [Kv/mm], i think it worked.. but I also wanto to plot a function: a_ff=p*(k*(((es.normE/p)-a)^2)-A), I already defined p,k,a,A as constant parameters, And i needed this funtion to be ploted just values higher than 0. how can I do this?

I need this results because i need this stationary data to use the charge particle tracing module. but that is the second problem. I am trying to calculate the trayectory of moving particles in the electric field. i am using massless formulation, define the inlet and wall, and the particle velocity. but my doubt is when I define the dependant variables. how can i calculate an integral of the function that I mentioned before and to be ploted just with the data that fullfill the conditions of E>2.6 kV and a_ff>0
Thanks That worked. But that was just the tip of the iceberg. i am ploting an electric field of a simple conductor wire surrounded by air. I want to plot the electric field that is bigger than 2.6 [Kv/mm], i think it worked.. but I also wanto to plot a function: a_ff=p*(k*(((es.normE/p)-a)^2)-A), I already defined p,k,a,A as constant parameters, And i needed this funtion to be ploted just values higher than 0. how can I do this? I need this results because i need this stationary data to use the charge particle tracing module. but that is the second problem. I am trying to calculate the trayectory of moving particles in the electric field. i am using massless formulation, define the inlet and wall, and the particle velocity. but my doubt is when I define the dependant variables. how can i calculate an integral of the function that I mentioned before and to be ploted just with the data that fullfill the conditions of E>2.6 kV and a_ff>0

Posted: 9 years ago 6 mar 2015, 21:19 GMT-5
so sorry,I want to simple.
for you questions.Maybe you can define a Integrotion, and Define variables enter intop1(your function*( E>2.6[kv])*(a_ff>0))
so sorry,I want to simple. for you questions.Maybe you can define a Integrotion, and Define variables enter intop1(your function*( E>2.6[kv])*(a_ff>0))

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.