Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Boundary Loads Piezoelectric Modeling

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I have a question. I am modeling a piezoelectric and I want to apply a load to it to generate charge, current or voltage. I am using the boundary load condition and would like to use the following equation for applying the load Fz=A*sin(w*t)=A*sin(2*pi*f*t), I want to run the study which will input the frequencies and the time in the boundary load. Right now I am doing a time dependent study only so my equation looks like Fz= A*sin(2*pi*100E3*t) in which I believe the ( t ) in the equation comes from my study, is that correct? if it is how do I modify my study and boundary load so that it also inputs the a frequency range in to my load equation? lets say I want to study 100kHz:200kHz range with the t range from (0,0.1,1)?

Thanks.

Juan

1 Reply Last Post 11 mar 2015, 01:25 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago 11 mar 2015, 01:25 GMT-4
choose study as "frequency domain" where you can apply input frequency .. you have the option of specifying the range..

no need to mention frequency and time in your boundary condition.. just apply the numerical value in the boundary condition...
choose study as "frequency domain" where you can apply input frequency .. you have the option of specifying the range.. no need to mention frequency and time in your boundary condition.. just apply the numerical value in the boundary condition...

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.