Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

ACDC Time harmonic analysis: The varying and the constant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I'm using the ACDC module to simulate a time-varying current in a conductor under the effect of a permanent magnet (Time-harmonic analysis).

While I define the magnet's subdomain using Magnetization (B=uH+M), I have noticed that this value -which should be independent of time- varies when I alter the phase(solution at angle). I basically have a time-harmonic current which I want to subject to a steady magnetic field, but it seems that the ACDC module is making all parameters 'beat' at the given frequency.

How can I fix the magnetization of a subdomain while maintaining time-harmonic variation in another? The other subdomain is excited using a Voltage. I have thought of dividing the magnetization value by (exp(j*phase), but is this sound?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Dorian

0 Replies Last Post 8 mar 2015, 12:33 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Dorian Black

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.