Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Pixel size and effective permeability

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am trying to calculate the effective permeability for a 3D porous media with the size of 3000x3000x3000 pixels and 10x10x10 micro^3. I resized (not crop) my model since my 3D model is very large to make the computations faster and generated a smaller version (200x200x200 pixels). I am wondering how should I assign the new configuration for the resized model? Do I need to use the same size of 10x10x10 micro^3 for the resized model or I need to change it accordingly? Indeed, as you know, the effective permeability is very sensitive for the pixel size and it changes once the sizes change.

Thanks for your help.

0 Replies Last Post 13 mar 2015, 01:34 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Sam Kam

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.