Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Dirichlet boundary condition

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear friends,
Does anybody know how to set Dirichlet boundary condition in the Comsol Multipphysics 4.2a ?

2 Replies Last Post 17 mar 2015, 21:06 GMT-4

Posted: 9 years ago 17 mar 2015, 03:37 GMT-4
Which physics are you using?

As you know, Dirichlet BC means the value of the function on the boundary. If it is electrostatics, the value of the potential, in mass transport concentration etc.

br
Lasse
Which physics are you using? As you know, Dirichlet BC means the value of the function on the boundary. If it is electrostatics, the value of the potential, in mass transport concentration etc. br Lasse

Posted: 9 years ago 17 mar 2015, 21:06 GMT-4
Dear Lasse Murtomäki,

Thank you so much! I want to simulate the evaporation of sessile droplet. To keep the triple phase contact line fixed during the evaporation.

Yesterday, I adopt the no_slip condition at the liquid-solid interface. But the contact line changes from 1415um to 1322.5um. So I want adopt the Dirichlet boundary condition to control the contact line pinned.

Dear Lasse Murtomäki, Thank you so much! I want to simulate the evaporation of sessile droplet. To keep the triple phase contact line fixed during the evaporation. Yesterday, I adopt the no_slip condition at the liquid-solid interface. But the contact line changes from 1415um to 1322.5um. So I want adopt the Dirichlet boundary condition to control the contact line pinned.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.