Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Moving media through magnetic field

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I posted on here yesterday and got a fairly prompt response. Now that I have that model built, I have a fairly specific question regarding if COMSOL can solve the overall problem I have.

I created a multi-layed sphere with varying compositions (like an onion). Three of these layers will interact with an electromagnetic field. What I would LIKE to do, is model this particle moving through space with an intial velocity, and then traveling through the magnetic field. The interaction should change the velocity of the particle. I want to see if this model can be made, and the final velocity given. I then should be able to change the thicknesses of the layers and change the strength of the magnetic field to find different velocity changes.

I don't know if COMSOL can actually have my geometry move through space or not, but I have seen some fairly complicated geometries.

Thank you,
Mike

1 Reply Last Post 27 lug 2011, 19:56 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Michael Baker

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 27 lug 2011, 19:56 GMT-4
I worked on such a problem alot but Finally found that Comsol is poor at this point of coupling
I worked on such a problem alot but Finally found that Comsol is poor at this point of coupling

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.